Sunday, June 10, 2012

The two parts of parenting that I dislike the least so far are potty training and removing training wheels off of the bike.  Especially in the first child.  It seems like they will never get it!  But they do :)  Savannah has been trying for 2 years to be able to ride without training wheels.  It's hard where we live, we have a very big driveway that WOULD be perfect, except its all gravel.  Hudson actually taught himself last summer (he actually potty trained himself, too).  It turned out to be a good thing because Savannah thought if my little brother can do it, so can I.  Every year for the the last Accelerated Reader celebration at school, all the classes go on a bike ride through Parker.  Last year I let her stay home because she couldn't ride without training wheels.  This year it was our goal to be ready for it.  We were lucky to have a mild winter and snow melted early which gave her a chance to practice a lot.  I was so proud of her when she finally got and and she was so excited!  We did a couple practice rides though Parker-one being on a very random hot day-92 degrees sandwiched in between 50 degree days.  After the school bike ride I took Hudson's bike to the school to pick up Savannah and let the two of them ride home while I drove behind very slowly.  Switching to the words of Hudson, "We were riding past some bigger boys.  They were talking very quietly.   They thought I couldn't hear, but I could.  They said, 'What a tiny bike'." (Hudson happens to be riding Savannah's first bike we bought for her when she was three years old-spray painted black-and it is small for him.)  I asked Hudson how he felt about that.  His response, "Medium."  Love that boy.

No comments: