Sunday, June 10, 2012

Power of Moms

I just found this as a draft, but decided to finish it and post even though it's a few years old.

Last July I was "coerced" :) by a good friend of mine to attend the BYU Idaho education week.  I was only able to go for a half day, but was privileged to attend classes that had a big impact on me.  One class I attended was taught by Saren Loosli, daughter of parenting experts, Linda and Richard Eyre.  In the class Saren mentioned the website Power of Moms (powerofmoms.com).  I jotted it down quickly and actually remembered to check it out a little later.  I was immediately drawn in by the down to earth, uplifting, principle-based articles.  I also found it fun to read the blogs of the co-founders of the website, one being Saren and the other a girl named April Perry.

Another resource that really appealed to me was the podcasts put out by the Power of Moms.  They only had about six and I went through them fairly fast. I really enjoy putting them on my i pod and doing late night cleaning when everyone else has gone to bed. So I emailed the website requesting more.  A few days later I had an email from April Perry herself asking me if I would be willing to participate in a podcast with her.  I was floored!  I did not have that in mind at all, but felt quite honored, so I accepted.  You can listen to the entire podcast here.  I felt like I made a good friend that night as we recorded the podcast as a telephone conversation.  We planned to make it a quick 20 minutes, but it turned out to be closer to 45.

I also have been honored to have the Power of Moms publish an article I wrote entitled "What if it's Enough?"

I love this website because the thing I very most wanted to be for as long as I can remember was a mom and this website helps me to do it deliberately and with intention.

No comments: