Monday, March 17, 2014

Parker kindergarten class this fall has only 6 kids signed up.  Avynlee will be old enough to go, but I think she will benefit the most by waiting for the next year.  Mr Owens (principal) and Ethel (secretary) have been worried about what the district will decide to do with such a small class.  I have seen their anxiety about it and the thought has continued to come to me to mention it to my friend Katie who lives in St. Anthony.  I kept forgetting or putting it off until registration day today.  I was a little late, but better than never, I guess.  I sent her a quick text and said its going to be a great class, lots of one on one attention for the kids...spread the word if she knows anyone up town who might want to drive their kids out to Parker.  She called me immediately and was telling me concerns about her son who is kindergarten age this year and how she has been praying for guidance.  I suggested the idea of putting him in Parker for various benefits I could see.  So she called the school and got him on the roster.  Then she texted me to say that my text was an answer to her prayers.  It was a small thing for me, but huge to her.  That made my day and also made me think how I almost didn't bother texting her with the thought, "oops, meant to do that, too late now, probably didn't matter."  I am going to respond to my ideas quicker, who knows how many "ideas" or "thoughts" I have that are actually promptings.

No comments: