Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall 2008






Fall always comes and goes pretty fast, it seems to me.  I love it.  It's a beautiful season.  We were able to get in one last camping trip with Jaron's brother's family.  We went up to Henrey's Lake in Island Park and on into Montana.  There is a lake called "Quake Lake" which was formed when an earthquake caused a dam in a river.  The earth quake also caused houses to slide into the existing reservoir (we are sitting on one).  My friend Millie and I took our older kids on a hike out in Kilgore to Aldous Lake, led by a friend from my ward.  It was beautiful.  Hudson Turned 2 in September.  That is a picture of his "Roarie cake" (you know, the dinosaur says "roar").  The last 2 pics are of a little nature trail I took my kids for a walk on last week.  It's about 3 miles from my house.  Earlier in the summer a friend of mine took me kayaking down the river you see in the background--something I'd like to get into a little more.  The kids and I had a little picnic after our walk.  It is such a blessing just to enjoy the precious moments of life.  I'm grateful to live in this free land of opportunity and I'm most thankful for the gospel that teaches me what the most important things in this life are.

2 comments:

Marcy M Miller said...

Looks like you had lots of fun this summer and lots of hiking to- good for you! I love the birthday cake.

Katie said...

Fun! Isn't it weird that our boys are 2?! I still can't get over the fact that livi will be 5 here pretty soon! Your kids are adorable and I miss you guys tons!